Numbered SMSes !! On a lighter note

Since last one year I was hearing that all the unwanted messages won't come now as TRAI is taking steps to curb this message chaos that is created by the so called consultants, read estate agents, slim belt sales, etc. This was a welcome news and it was confirmed that starting Jan 1, 2011 the scheme will be put to effect. However, ours is a country where you can never expect things to happen on time (DELHI METRO is an obvious exception). So the process was delayed 4 times an finally on Sep 26 (Plus/Minus one day) the scheme came into force.

As I said this move has always been welcomed by the mobile phone users what came along was the regulation capping maximum number of messages sent to 100 even by normal users. Well, the news din't effect the generation of my parents obviously because for them calling is a better option. But I was particularly shocked am was really sad over the issue.

What I felt was like a child whose favorite toy has been snatched away. The whole day I was thinking what will I do now. The order was a blow to me and for most of the college students like me who are addicted to messaging. What this meant was no quirky messages, no casual hello/hi. Every message had to be sent after careful thinking that is it worth to waste 1 out of 100. It looked like as if I am going to head a strategic team of a company.


What else I noticed was that the messages that irritated me once upon a time, I started missing them. They became a routine an it was like a time check since some of the messages (like that of fashionandyou.com) come exactly at 11.00 am. I remember yesterday I took out my phone to check the time and it was 11:15 am and the first thing I notice said was ''How is it possible? No message.'' Unaware of the news I slid my phone into my pocket until I read from the newspaper and realized that the deal was on cards just that it slipped my mind. Everyday in the morning there was a habit to be welcomed by 2-3 messages sent during the night but now I observe that my cell phone takes a good sleep everyday.



One thing was really amusing that I noticed yesterday and it made me realize that politics is something that can interfere in each and every topic because what is needed is to be in the opposite side and oppose the move. One political affiliation (won't take the name as nothing wrong against the party) staged a protest opposing 100 SMS cap saying that it is like limiting the freedom of youth of the country. Though I support the protest but my reasoning is a bit different. What else came to my mind is that we as public can always find out faults in others. If the political wing is trying to work even in our favor we end up accusing them of making issue out of small things.

Today morning again came as a blow to me with TRAI stating that it has no plans to withdraw the regulation even from normal users. So what to do? Whatsapp? Thats the only option I have (I am not a proud owner of blackberry). But there are issues with this app. Its not widely used an its just a smartphone app. So this goes out of focus. I won't get into app reviews but the bottom line is that the messaging legacy that I followed since the last 8 years is coming to an end.

The loneliness I felt without the commercial SMSes forced me to send DND to 1909 to allow these firms to message me. I also feel that was it required to stop these services? What if we receive many messages which are unwanted. What we don't realize is that the mind has molded itself and made it a part of our life. Like say silk, silk silk, silk, silk about 7 times and fast. Now answer what to cows drink? Be spontaneous. What did you answer? I bet it is milk and not water :) Surprised? And now you will be laughing.

So if the same thing happens everyday you will feel disgusted but you don't realize that your mind has accepted it as a regular part of life. What differs is your perception.

So always be happy and always keep your mind open and perception wide.

I would like to thank my friends for encouraging me to write and for liking my articles. Still I would like to say that I am just a beginner with no knowledge and sense. What I need is your continued support in my endeavors. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Mood: Haircut in times of lockdown - Why an expert is required!

The ultimate money making trick

Book Review: One Life is Not Enough - K. Natwar Singh